Monday, February 15, 2010

Stream of Conciousness


I got this idea for a blog post from McKmama. The idea is that you write whatever you are thinking, which is good for me because I am rarely thinking of one thing in particular. I have always considered myself as scatter-brained, but it has only gotten worse since Emmy was born. It is a wonder anything gets done with my constant memory less and scatterbrainism ( I am pretty sure I just made that word up, but it makes sense, right?!?). Well, what is actually most on my mind is the fact that I took the day off work to sleep today, and well, as you can see, I am not sleeping! Emmy has not been sleeping, well since birth, but last night was a bad one. Brandon was also sick, so I had two to take care of, which means I need someone to take care of me today! HA! Being pregnant, I know I need to be taking care of myself, so I decided I should sleep today. I have been laying down for 3 hours now and slept about 30 minutes. My body has always had some type of war against naps going on. I have never been able to nap, so I don't know why
I thought that would be any different today. As I lay here, (instead of napping) I start thinking about all of the things I could be doing. Lets see, I should have gone to work if I am not going to sleep, maybe I could clean the house, paint my toenails, clean out the junk in the new baby's room, reorganize the kitchen cabinets, clean all of Emmy's toys, figure out how to use more coupons, take a shower, and the list keeps going and going. But, the truth is, I don't feel up to doing ANYTHING today. So, maybe I can now go back to sleep. Good night!
On a side note, Emmy REALLY needs a haircut! I will add this to the list of things to think about as I am not sleeping.

2 comments:

  1. I hope that you did take a nice long nap!! Trust me all the things that you need to do will be waiting for you and be taken care of when ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sleep when you can. The list of stuff will always be there.

    ReplyDelete