
I am doing this blog in honor of Emmy's first birthday on Sunday. As I look at these pictures, I am flooded with memories. I realize these three days in the hospital with my new family have been the best three days I have experienced in my 25 years.

There is something very powerful in anticipating something so strongly and actually embracing the moment you receive it.


I was not excited about the actual delivery process when I was pregnant. I was scared because I didn't know what to expect, didn't know how my body would react, and afraid of all the various things that could go wrong. I never expected it to be what it actually was. It was something words can not do justice, only my memory can explain the joy. These pictures bring back the joy and all the emotions that came with meeting my daughter for the first time. Now that a year has passed, I realize the memory from her birth is already fading, but all it takes is a glimpse at these pictures to bring me right back to the day I met a little girl who changed my life forever.


No comments:
Post a Comment