Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Too much to be thankful for, too much taken for granted

I am very behind in my posting. We all got sick and I just haven't had it in me to blog. I should blog about various things that have been happening, but that is not where my mind is at. I came across little Layla Grace's story a couple of weeks ago and it has stayed heavy on my heart. I really don't do well with reading about the horrible reality they are going through, but I can't seem to stop reading it. I think about what I would do, think, say if I were presented with a tragedy of that magnitude. In thinking about it, I do not see how I would scrape myself off the floor and carry a smile for my child. Emmy is close to the same age, so I know that plays a part in how real this story seems. All I know to do is pray and be thankful for everything I have.


Today Layla was constantly present in my thoughts helping me be thankful for what I usually either complain about or take for granted.
I was annoyed with being pregnant, wanted more caffeine, tired of not being able to breathe through my nose, just plain tired, frustrated I got lost driving to a restaurant, and miserable because I just didn't feel good. Each time I tried to complain about something Layla's story popped in my mind and I could only THANK God for bring pregnant, only having a cold, being able to sleep in a safe and loving home, having a dependable car to drive, and having a healthy family.

Lord I do not know why such horrible things happen to good, God loving people, but please be with this family and help them have the strength for their little girl.

1 comment:

  1. When we stop and think, we do have a lot to be thankful for and not much to complain about. We would all do well to learn from Layla Grace and her family.

    ReplyDelete