Monday, September 14, 2009

Sleeping

Ever since school started, Emmy has been waking up 3 times a night. It is normally around 11, 2, and 5! I am barely able to think at these times, so I have just been giving her a couple ounces to get her back to sleep. Well, we seemed to have started a routine, and it has been very hard to get her back to sleep without a bottle. On Friday, I decided I wouldn't feed her anymore in the middle of the night. There is no nutritional need for it at this age, so for my sanity, I needed to get her out of this habit. Friday and Saturday she woke up as usual SCREAMING for a bottle. I rocked her back to sleep each time without a bottle. I assumed last night would be the same screaming fit that I would have to fight through, but it was surprisingly not. At 4:45, Brandon woke me up asking if Emmy had woken up at all. I normally wake up about 15 times a night, and this was the first I had seen of the clock since I had went to bed. Emmy is also normally in bed with us by this time. I immediately started feeling all around the bed incase I had put her in there without remembering, and she was not there. I was PANICKED thinking there was no way this could happen and everything be ok. I ran into Emmy's room and there she was sound asleep! I even had Brandon check to see if she was breathing normal. We ended up having to wake her up to leave! I still can't believe we didn't wake up all night! Either we were both too tired or we have a new routine! I am hoping it is a new routine : )

2 comments:

  1. Kinda feels funny actually getting to sleep all night, doesn't it? Our dog wakes me at least once every night to go out. I don't think he's going to outgrow it!

    I love your blog. I'm going to enjoy following it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for your blog! I need to get better about updating mine! :) I'm jealous with the sleeping through the night...I don't even have little one yet and I'm already up 20 times a night! haha

    ReplyDelete