Sunday, September 13, 2009

Emmy is born

On February 7, 2009 Our family changed from two to three! My water broke at 5 am, and about an hour later we were off to the hospital! A couple hours after being settled in, the pain kicked in. I had not made my mind up about the epidural and thought maybe I wouldn't even need it. Wellll..... I did not make it with the contractions for more than thirty minutes before I was asking for SOMETHING to help me out : ) Once I got the medicine, I could relax and enjoy the experience. After 19 hours of labor, Emmy finally decided to make her appearance!
Taking in the moment of Emmy being handed to me for the first time was breathtaking. The last 9 months actually did have a purpose, and I was holding it in my arms. Nothing would ever be the same for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment