Thursday, January 14, 2010

Soaking it up


I enjoy reading blogs and after reading a very popular blog- http://www.mycharmingkids.net/ on missing stages of your kid's lives it got me to thinking about things I am going to miss. There are many things about having a baby that are hard, exhausting, and seem near impossible. Sometimes its easy for me to get overwhelmed with all of my "to dos" that aren't ever done and the constant chaos I feel. But when I sit and think about all of the things I experience daily that I am going to miss when she grows up, all of the other stuff fades away.
It is hard to fathom her grown up, but I know it is inevitably coming. I will miss so many things. Her mouth WIDE open when she is excited, Her quick hugs, crawling around with her on the floor, taking her all over the house to touch things she can't reach, feeding her new things, singing to her constantly, explaining the world, rocking her to sleep, feeding her bottles while she lays in my arms, and knowing that she relies on me to comfort and protect her.
Although I get overwhelmed with unfinished housework and to dos, I think it can wait a little longer while I go home tonight and devote my attention to my little girl.

1 comment:

  1. Christen, you've got it right. The housework will always be there. The kids will be grown and out of the nest much faster than we ever want them to. Enjoy every moment now.

    ReplyDelete